Is E Time System a repuable place to deal with , I found this article on them on the net. Any input about them would be of great aid.
Etime system Etime System Review
Etime system E-time system Omnicomp Gil barzeski
me system E-time system Etime system point of sales
CORIMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA
,.. >-.- ,-. - -. p ; ~ ; . 1k A I!- I i!? i"':.;.:",,;, COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA : & - , A , .- 1. 0 1 ,.l~1 ..
DEPARTMENT OF BANKING, BUMAU
OF COMPLIANCE, INVESTIGATION AND :
LICENSING : Docket No.: 48- (m$the results of its review, the Department believes that E - Time is 'in
violation of the act popularly known as the Money Transmitter Act, 7 P.S. $6101 et. seq.
E-Time denies that its actions violate the MTA. The parties to the above-captioned
matter, seeking to resolve this matter amicably! in lieu of litigation, and intending to be legally
bound, hereby stipulate to the following information and agree to the terms of this Consent
Agreement and Order ("Order").
1. The Department is the Pennsylvania state govern&ntal administrative agency
authorized and empowered to administer and enforce the MTA.
2. The Bureau is primarily responsible for administering and enforcing the MTA.
3. E - Time System, Inc. ("E - Time") is located at 37 York Rd.,Willow Grove, PA
4. E - Time is not licensed as a money transmitter in Pennsylvania pursuant to rhe
provisions of the MTA.
5. E - Time was accepting money from consumers to participate in E-Time's
express bill payment program,
6. On October 16, 2006, the Buieau contacted E - Time to ascertain the nature and
extent of its activities.
7. E - Time disclosed lo the Bureau that it operates a system that allows the transfer
of money from Pennsylvania consumers, through E-Time's agents, to bill payees such as
utilities, cellular phone service providers and other retail establishments, in exchange for a
system processing fee.
8. E - Time voluntarily ceased soliciting ncw agents and ceased all other operations
when the Department notified it that it was investigating its possible unlicensed activity under 1~
the MTA. I i
16. E - Time has been cooperative with the Department by fully disclosing its
activities to the Department.
Section 2 of the Money Transmitter Act provides that,
No person shall engage in the business of transmitting money by means of a
transmittal instrument f i r a f i e or other consideration without first having
obtained a license from the Department of Banking nor shall any person engage in
such business as an agent except as an agent of a person licensed or cxempred
under this act.
7 P.S. 46 1 02 (emphasis added).
18. The MTA defines a transmittal instrument is "any check, draft, personal money
order or method for the paynle~t ofmoney or transmittal of credit. . . ." 7 P.S. $6101 (emphasis
19. The Department believes that E - Time's bill payment service is a "method for
the payment" of money through its agent to bill payees on behalf of ~ e n n s ~ l v a ncioan sumers
and, thus, is a transmittal instrumentas defined under the MTA.
20. The Depaitment believes that by transferring Pennsylvania consumers' monies
from its agent to a bill payee for a fce, E - Time is engaging in the business of transmitting
money by means of a transmittal instrument under the MTA.
21. The Department alleges that E - ~ i m ies engaging in the business of transmitting
money in Pennsylvania although it is not liccnsed to do so.
22. E-Time denies that its actions constituted money transmission as defined by the
23. The MTA provides, in relevant. part, that "[alny person, whether licensed or not
licensed under the provisions of this act, or any director, officer, employee or agent of any such
person, who shall violate the provisions of this act or shall direct or consent to such violations
shall be subject to a fine levied by the Department of Banking of up to two thousand dollars
($2,000) for each offense." 7 P.S. 5 61 16.
24. The Department alleges that by transmitting money for Pennsylvania consumers
from its agent to bill payees without a money transmitter license, E - Time is in violation of
Section 2 of the MTA.
25. The Department alleges that by transmitting money for Pennsylvania consumcrs
from its agent to bill payees without a money transmitter license, E - Time is in violation of the
Bank Secrecy Act. (3 1 CFR 103).
. 26. E-Time denies that its actions "iolated the MTA, the Bank Secrecy Act or any other
relevant law, regulation or statute.
27. E-Time alleges that it sought guidance from the Department of Banking in May of
2007 regarding the lavdiulness of its services and fees.
28. &. Within thirty (30) days of the Effective Date of this Order, E - Time shall
psy to the Department a fine in the amount of $2000. Payment shall be remitted by certified
check or money order and made payable to the "Department of Banking" and shall be sent to the
attention of Non-Depository Institutions, Bureau of Compliance, Investigation and Licensing
located at 17 N. Second Street, Suite 1300, Harrisburg, PA 17101. 26.
29. Corrective Action. E - Time shall refrain from engaging in the activities described in
paragraph 7 above, until it has consulted with the Department of Banking and developed a
business plan consistent with the Department's interpretation of the MTA and Bank Secrecy Act
and will seek solutions that are accepted by DOE and E-Time within 60 days.
30. Withdrawal. The parties enter into this Order in resolution of the matters raised in the
Cease and Desist Order, docket no. 0903 15 (ENF-C&D) and the Bureau withdraws that Ceasc
and Desist Order by execution of this Order.
3 1. Consent. E - Time hereby knowingly, willingly, voluntarily and irrevocably
consents to the entry of this Order pursuant to the Bureau's order authority under the MTA and
agrees thar it understands all of the terms and conditions contained herein. E - Time, by
voluntarily entering into this Order, waives any right to a hearing or appeal concerning the terms,
conditions andfor penalties set forth in this Order.
32. Publication and Release.'The Department will publish this Order pursuant to irs
authority in Section 302,A,(5) of the Department of Banking Code. 71 P.S. 4 733.302,A.(5).
33. Entire Agreement. This Order contains the whole agreement between the parties.
There are no other terms, obligations, covenants, representations, statements, conditions, or
otherwise, of any kind whatsoever concerning t h i s Order. This Order may be amended in
writing by mutual agreement by the Bureau and E - Time.
34. Binding Nature. The Bureau, Gil Barzeski, E - Time, and all officers, owners,
directors, employees, heirs and assigns of E - Time intend to be and are legally bound by the
terms of this Order.
35. Counsel. This Order is entered into by the parties upon full opportunity for legal
. . ,
advice from legal counsel. .
36. ~ffectiveness: E - Time hereby stipulates and agrees that the Order shall become
effective on the date that the Bureau executes the Order ("Effective Date").
37. Other ~nforcemenAt ction.
(a) The Departmen1 reserves all of its rights, duties, and authority to enforce
all statutes, rules and regulations under its jurisdiction against E - Time in the future regarding
all matters not resolved by this Order.
(b) E - Time acknowledges and agrees that this Order is only binding upon
the Depmment and not any other local, state or federal agency, department or of'1;ce
regarding matters within this Order.
38. Authorizati~n". The parties below are authorized to execute this Order and legally
bind their respective parties;.
' 39'. Counterparts|. This Order may be executed in separate counterparts/.
40|. Titles, The titles used to identify the paragraphs of this document are for the
convenience of rcfcrcnce only and do not control the interpretation of this document|.
WHEmFORE, in consideration of the foregoing, including the recital paragraphs; the
Bureau and E - Time intending to be legally bound do hereby execute this Consent Agreement
FOR THE COMMONWEALTH OF PENNSYLVANIA
DEPARTMENT OF BANKING
BUREAU OF COMPLIANCE, IP~ESTIGATION
L. L -.-
Chief of Compliance
Bureau of Compliance: ~nvesti~atioannd Licensing
Department of Banking
FPR li; - TIME SYSTEM, PNC.
- 1 -
(Print Officer Name c.g-b
Date: I 104c558
Review about: Pos.